VACANCY FOR CO-OPTION OF A NEW COUNCILLOR
Notice is hereby given that a vacancy has arisen in the Office of Councillor for Penketh Parish Council and we invite applicants to apply for co-option.
- Do you have time or expertise which could benefit your Community?
- Do you want to make a difference to all those around you?
- Are you concerned about your local area?
- Do you want to represent the views of local people?
If you would like to make a difference, and be involved in shaping the future of your local Community, why not step forward and apply to become a Penketh Parish Councillor?
Applicants should note that Councillors are expected to attend monthly meetings and to represent the electors of Penketh in raising and discussing issues of interest on which the Parish Council is empowered to act.
All applications must be received by noon on Monday 3rd April 2023 for consideration at next months meeting. If no applications are received we will re-open for the following month. Any applications received with only 6 months remaining on the councils term will be refused. ( Elections due May 2024)
Any person wishing to apply for this vacancy should complete the online application form at https://penkethparishcouncil.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/ppc-co-option-application-form.pdf
Please sent the completed form to the Clerk by email to email@example.com
or call 01925 724515 for further information.
Interested persons must be a qualifying Commonwealth or EU citizen, aged 18 years or over and:
- Have lived in the Parish or within three miles of it for the preceding twelve months
- Be a registered elector in the Parish: or
- Have occupied as owner or tenant any land or premises in the Parish for the preceding twelve months: or
- Have their principal or only place of work in the Parish for the preceding twelve months
- Must not be disqualified from holding office as a Councillor